So, I have mentioned that I am NOT a foodie. 🙂 I don’t even have foodie quality photos! haha! And I will not be the one to post recipe after recipe, because usually I am fallowing someone else’s recipe anyway. Today is a slight exception however.
I have eaten broccoli crunch salad before and I really wanted to have something similar, but I wanted even MORE bite out of it. I happen to like cauliflower as well, and since Michael doesn’t, I figured I should use it while he is out trucking.
I started eating paleo (again) a few days ago. In fact, this is day 4 eating mostly paleo and I wanted a paleo version of this salad to have for dinner. Here is what I came up with.
I found the dressing recipe and inspiration here.
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (approx 2 cups chopped)
- ½ small head cauliflower, chopped (approx 2 cups chopped)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds already shelled
- ¼ cup flax seeds
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. raw honey; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all dressing ingredients. Add all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!